Saturday 15 November 2014



About something what I  don't understand completely
and citizen's responsibility


In this week we've celebrated National Independence Day on 11 November. In my city, Poznan (Poznań), this festival is quite grandiose because it coincides with festivity of Saint Martin street. The mentioned street is/ was a main street in Poznań. Nowadays, marchs, concerts and full range of displays take place there in this day. Poznań's habitants, and not only, tuck in one type of horseshoe-shaped croissant. This delicacy figures in the list of Geographical indications and traditional specialities in the European Union. That is to say, any croissant couldn't be Saint Martin Croissant (Rogal świętomarciński). In many homes people cook the own version of croissant and full it with jam, plum stew or just with apples. The originally filling of Saint Martin Croissant is a white poppy. There is a legend which is connected with Saint Martin, but I think you can google it on your own.




In this year in the same week, all country holds municipals elections. I quite like my city and to be frank I can affirm that Poznan is building up, although I don't approve all decisions taken by authorities. I've come from croissant to the politics (I've changed the subject completely) and it's the point which I often don't understand. Recently, hearing about polish politician's trips, rather voyages, with goosebumps, I finally understood that politics is virtually the other planet. I hope they will pay the price. I'm aware that a big part of them rob us. Although, the issue is about parliament's politics, I lead you to go vote tomorrow. In secondary school, one teacher asked us who had casted his vote and...among about 20 person, maybe 5 affirmed. The point is a lot of people normally say „I couldn't care less, my vote will change anything. Despite these opinions, I encourage you to take part in tomorrow's voting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment