Tuesday 31 March 2015

 I am conscious that this period is a period of Lent, which is significant for Catholic and it is a time of reflection and prayer. Nevertheless, I am going to write some lines about Carnival of Cádiz. It doesn't mean that I don´t respect holy time, it is just because I am behindhand with my posts :).

I went to Cádiz at my first weekend of my Erasmus+ period, that is at 14th of February.
We were quite large group, as there were twelve buses!! Some of us were in disguise: they disguised themselves as policeman, as nursery, as hippie, as child in nappy, as Superman, as Aladdin...We could admire vivid imagination of our group and not only. Both the natives and foreigners participate in this event. Although, carnival take place in many Spanish cities and villages, normally it is said that Carnival of Cádiz is the most celebrated. In what does it consist?
People disguise themselves, participate in parade on the street, which goes through the city. There are concerts at some squares so the participants dance.

During that night I could saw both adolescents, adults, children and elders, therefore, I've come to the conclusion that people celebrate carnival worldwide so as to amuse and spend time together. The only possible and real inconvenience is visible the next day. Out group left at 5 a.m on Sunday, so we could not see it, but I am sure that the streets were dirty, full of rubbish and bottles of vine or other alcoholic drinks on February's Sunday.

I was wondering if it could be possible to introduce the custom of carnival in Poland, but I realised in Poland people celebrate it, but in different ways. People go to the club or to the barn dance. Thus, I can write that each nation has conformed its customs with the conditions which around it, like climate :). [Although, in this year the winter in Poland was not harsh ;)].

If you will opportunity to go to Cádiz someday, do not miss go on the beach! Uunfortunately, I missed it!


If you want read more about Carnival in Cádiz, click on this link: http://www.andalucia.org/es/carnaval-de-cadiz/

No comments:

Post a Comment